(Chimpanzee, Porcine, Canine, Ovine, Biovine, chicken)
4452-v 0.5 mg | 95.00 EUR
The purity is guaranteed to be higher than 99% by HPLC
Neuronostatin-13 a Brain/Gut Hormone in Pro-Somatostatin with Neuronal/Neuroendocrine/Cardiovascular Activity
In the post-genome era, a novel peptide called Neuronostatin-13 has been predicted in pro-somatostatin gene sequence based on bioinformatics method. Neuronostatin-13 was purified from porcine tissue by immuno-affinity procedure and then confirmed to be an endogenous peptide. Actually Neuronostatin-13 (Human) is a 13 amino acid residue peptide with carboxyl-terminal amidation, the primary structure is conserved in human chimpanzee and some other mammals.
The biological functions of Neuronostatin-13 reported so far include:
- Intracerebroventricular administration of Neuronostatin-13 in rats increased blood pressure but suppressed food intake and water drinking (0.3 nmol per rat).
- in both brain and gastric cells, Neuronostatin-13 stimulatesc-Fos expression and cell profileration/migration.
- this peptide depresses cardiac contractile function.
Thus, neuronostatin-13 might be a new member of brain/gut hormones. In addition, the function of neuronostatin-13 is not mediated by somatostatin receptors. Neuronostatin-13 with "diverse neuronal, neuroendocrine and cardiovascular actions" could be of interest in the reseach field of hormon regulation of the body.
- W.K. Samson, J.V. Zhang, O. Avsian-Kretchmer, K. Cui, G.L.C. Yosten, C. Klein, R.M. Lyu, Y.X. Wang, X.Q. Chen, J. Yang, C.J. Price, T.D. Hoyda, A.V.Ferguson, X.-bin Yuan, J.K.Chang and A.J.W. Hsueh, J. Biol. Chem., 283, 31949 (2008) (Original)
- Y. Hua, H. Ma, W.K.Samson and J. Ren, Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol., 297, 682 (2009) (Pharmacol)